- Seminar registration closes five days prior (i.e. registration for a Saturday seminar closes at 11:59 PM on Monday).
- Registration for open classrooms in Eau Claire (10/26) and all classrooms in Waupaca (10/26) closes Monday, October 21 at 11:59 PM. There are very few seminars remaining in Wisconsin - please sign up for a seat as soon as possible.
- The Level 1 classroom in Eau Claire (10/26) is full. No walk-up registrations for Eau Claire Level 1 will be taken. There are many openings in the Level 1 classroom in Waupaca (10/26), Lakeland Union (11/2), and Sparta (11/17). Please sign up for one of these seminars to reserve a seat.
- Follow this link https://www.usahockey.com/page/show/5124373-declaration-of-safety-fair-play-and-respect to watch a video from USA Hockey showing legal and illegal plays under the new Fair Play and Respect initiative. This video will be shown and discussed as all seminars.
WHOA and USA Hockey Officiating Registration Now Open For 2019
WHOA and USA Hockey Officiating registration for the 2019-20 season are now open. If you have questions about either process, contact WHOA at email@example.com or 218-349-0327. Our seminar schedule can be found by clicking here.
USA Hockey & WHOA Registration
The official’s registration process consists of two to four steps based on your age as of
August 1, 2019:
4. Complete SafeSport training (Ages 17 or older-USA Hockey will e-mail you if applicable)
General registration questions should be directed to your WHOA Region Director
through e-mail. Questions regarding registration account issues, name changes, duplicate seminar registrations, etc. should be directed to Duffy Dyer (WHOA Education Coordinator
). A detailed trouble-shooting guide can be found by clicking Trouble Shooting Guide
All officials who are 18 years old as of August 1, 2019, are required to have a background screening done through WHOA every two seasons per USA Hockey SafeSport Policy. If your screen was done during the 2017-18 season, you must be re-screened this season. If an official does not have a current screen, he/she is ineligible officiate any USA Hockey games.
The WHOA has partnered with WAHA’s screening vendor, Protect Youth Sports, with the goal of providing timely and accurate service for officials and administrators. Effective immediately, Verified Volunteers is now replaced with Protect Youth Sports
Are you still trying to recruit new officials for your association this season? USA Hockey has created two different recruitment brochures. One for Men
and another for Women
. Please feel free to share these on your bulletin boards, at registration nights or on social media
USA Hockey Playing Rule Change Summaries
The up-to-date rules summary and other pertinent information that will go into the Playing Rules Book is listed below.
*NEW* USA Hockey has published some rule clarifications in this FAQ Memo on the 2017-21 Playing Rule.